Introducing One Step's Security Suite - Layered Security for Your Store
Today you need multiple layers of security to protect your assets. With over 25 years of retail experience, we have been able to bring together a quality, technically advanced security suite for retailers.
Like it or not, you are in an arms race and a war. The battles are being waged on the internet and the enemy is continuing to advance technically. You and your customers are a prime target.
- Just how good is your Firewall?
- Is it ”racing” ahead of the technical advancements of the enemy?
- Are you truly PCI Compliant or are your customers at risk?
Did you know that reports show 56% of U.S. small businesses have experienced data breaches and 33% of all data breaches were directed at businesses with 100 employees or fewer?
We recommend installing a Sonic Wall Firewall, which offers a powerful security platform. SonicWall provides integrated anti-virus and anti-spyware which is being updated every 5 minutes thus providing a real-time protection against a wide array of threats.
When you buy a Sonic Wall from One Step Retail, we configure it to be fully PCI Compliant. You also get:
- A business class device
- 3G failover so if your Internet ever goes down and you have a 3G wireless adapter attached to the firewall then your internet will stay up.
- Content control to prevent employees from wasting time on sites like, You Tube and Facebook, etc.
- You would also be able to provide free Wi-Fi to your shoppers and secure wireless zone for mobile applications and devices.
- Deep packet inspection of the entire content of information coming into the business via the internet instead of just header or title.
There is more to know about Firewalls than you think: Get a free Security Consult.
Security threats extend beyond the internet. They happen on one's own retail premise in the form of theft
Your video monitoring system
- Do you even have one?
- Is it digital and networked?
- Is it intelligent and capable of synchronizing with your POS system so that you can instantly physically see what happened when a transaction was made? (How about that “Return”?)
Did you know that the majority of U.S. business shrinkage (47%) came from employee theft? The POS is a prime location where that theft occurs.
Video monitoring systems are in a whole new era. Find out how you can utilize NVR (Network Video Recording): Get a free Security Consult
Quadrox Network Video Recording (NVR) is used in hundreds of retail stores and has reduced shrinkage and increased profits for retailers: It provides you the best in:
- Integration with your POS
- IP Camera (Internet Protocol) has much better resolution enabling you to identify details potentially adequate to use in a court of law; cheap analog systems can't
- You can add more cameras where other systems have a limit & have to buy a whole additional system.
- An embedded Operating System
- An Open System (non-proprietary) giving you greater freedom of choice
- Standard (non-proprietary) movie format
- Able to detect and correct abnormalities in it system, & report if it is unable to
Security threats can occur with data loss due to computer crashes and natural disasters. 93% of companies that lost their data center for 10 days or more due to a disaster filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster.
Your Back-Up System
- Is your data at risk because you are backing up & storing on premise?
- Are you verifying that your back-up is complete and will work?
- If you are using a service, does it use military grade encryption?
- Is it secured off premise and backed up on two different systems?
- Does it specialize in POS System back-up?
Did you know that only 34% of companies fail to test their tape backups, and of those that do, 77% have found tape back-up failures. We've seen it ourselves—several retailers who thought they were backing up but found out otherwise when their system crashed.
We recommend the services of RetailSafe (also known as Retail Backup). With RetailSafe you get:
- Automatic daily back-ups.
- The back-up is verified to be complete.
- It is double backed up and stored in two different locations.
- It is online and offsite protecting your data from local theft and natural disasters.
- It uses military grade encryption
- The backup is verified and if it fails or partially fails you will know about it.
- It is the only back-up solution that specializes in retail POS systems like the one that you use.
There is more to backing up than you think. I want a Free Security Consult